Emails have been around for quite a while now and people have been using them for all sorts of communication methods. People use them daily to talk to their friends and family or to interact with business personnel.
AOL is one of the many email services that are on the rise. It has tons of great filters and filters along with a great user interface which makes it quite easy for the user to handle things.
But the emails have their fair share of errors that annoy the users at times.
In today’s blog, we will be talking about some of the simple ways that you can use to fix the AOL sync issues for windows 10 without much fuss.
Ways to fix can’t sync AOL email with windows 10 error
- Try Removing the AOL account and then add it again
It is quite possible that if you are facing this, it may be because of the email account that you have. It is often seen that your configuration file gets corrupted which further leads to this error.
Although, you can simply solve this error by using the steps given below;
- Click on the Settings option and then select the Mail or Calendar app, to begin with.
- From there, go to the manage accounts option. You will need to select the AOL mail account and then click on the delete button to delete it.
Once you have done this, simply add it again and check to see if the error still exists.
- Check Your servers settings in Mail application
Most of the time, the user isn’t able to sync his or her email account because of the incorrect configuration of the email server settings in windows 10 for AOL.
You can follow the steps given below to configure the email correctly;
- Open the settings and then click on manage accounts to select the AOL mail account, to begin with.
- Next, click on the mailbox sync settings and make sure that the steps given below are there;
- IMAP username: email@example.com in this field
- Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com and enter 143 for the standard port and 992 for SSL connections.
- SMTP outgoing server address: smtp.aol.com and enter the port as 587 in this field.
- SMTP username: enter firstname.lastname@example.org in this field
- SMTP password: fill out your password in this field
Make sure of the fact to use IMAP protocol while you are trying to synchronize your AOL account. POP works with other devices and email clients but not with the AOL mail app.
- Let your apps access your Calendar by turning on the privacy settings
Use steps given below:-
- Open your settings and select the privacy option. From there, select the Calendar option and turn on the “let apps access my Calendar” option.
- Now, you will need to change the sync duration;
- Open the settings of your mail app in windows 10
- Click on the account settings and then select the AOL mail account from there.
- In the next window, click on the AOL sync settings to personalize the sync duration in the new dialogue box.
- Check your anti-virus settings
Your anti-virus may play a significant role in leading up to this error. Most of the anti-viruses available in the market have an inbuilt firewall which at times blocks certain apps from accessing the internet connection.
You can try to change your anti-virus settings and check them carefully. The easiest way is to make sure that the Mail app is allowed to go through your firewall. In case the firewall is not the issue, you can try to set your network type as trusted in your anti-virus to see if that fixes that error.
In case none of the two solve this issue, you can try to disable the anti-virus. Do not worry about safety as your windows are protected by a firewall. In case the error still exists, you will have no choice but to remove your anti-virus.
You can try to switch to a different and a better one for that matter.
- Try using a different mail client
You can always look for a different mail client if you are unable to fix this sync for the windows 10 mail app. there are tons of great email clients that
are available on the internet that you can use to check if that fixes the error. You can try out Mailbird.
These are some of the best ways that you can use to fix when the AOL mail is giving you sync issues. You can even use some of these methods to fix when the AOL email is not working on your iPhone.
For more info, contact the AOL email help and support center.
Thank you for reading at Digitally Mag.